Dawn of a New Reporting Era
Regulation | Transparency | Harmonisation
The financial system should help deliver climate and social goals, but market failures and inefficiencies prevent finance from being directed where it will make the most positive impact. Investors are increasingly utilising ESG data to inform investment decisions, but a lack of standardisation, poor communication with corporations and a lack of comparable data is leading to confusion and limiting the progress towards a low-carbon, just economy.
Change is afoot. Governments legislating for mandatory climate disclosures, The European Commission’s update to the NFRD, The Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive, and the movement towards a global climate reporting standard promises a move towards harmonisation, a common language and a solution to a problem which has constrained the industry for decades. This critical change for business will bring a plethora of new challenges and areas of investment for business.
At Sustainable Finance & Reporting Europe 2021 [25-26 November] we will bring together sustainability, policy makers and finance executives to share how they are strategising to ensure they can deliver greater transparency on sustainability risks and transition to a sustainable, climate-friendly economy.
Key sessions across both days include
- 25th Nov, 9am GMT- Climate Reporting Standard Keynote: The Drive towards a Standard, Common Language with Paul Simpson (CEO, CDP), Janine Guillot (CEO, Value Reporting Foundation) and Mardi McBrien (Managing Director, CDSB)
- 25th Nov, 1pm GMT- Regulation Keynote: Impact of the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive with Alain Deckers (Head of Unit, Corp Reporting, Audit and Credit Rating Agencies, European Commission) and Hilde Bloome (Deputy CEO, Accountancy Europe)
- 26th Nov, 9am GMT- Financing Net Zero Keynote: The Implications of COP26 on the Future of Finance with Steve Waygood (Chief Responsible Investment Officer, Aviva Investors), Rick Lacaille (EVP & Global Head of ESG, State Street), Subramanian Kuppuswami (Global Head of Sustainable Banking & Investments, Tata Consultancy Services) and Amy Hepburn (CEO, Investor Leadership Network)
- 26th Nov, 11am GMT- Shifting to Stakeholder Capitalism: Closing the Gap Between Sustainable and Economic Growth with Andrea Álvares (Chief Brand, Innovation, International and Sustainability Officer, Natura), Geraldine Matchett (Co-CEO and CFO, Royal DSM), Melanie Kreis (Chief Financial Officer, DPDHL Group) and Carmel Giblin (President & CEO, ICTI Ethical Toy Program)
- 26th Nov, 1pm GMT- EU Sustainable Finance Taxonomy: Defining Environmental Performance with Sean Kidney (CEO, Climate Bonds Initiative), Jean-Pierre Gomez (Head of Regulatory & Public Affairs, Société Générale Luxembourg), Karl-Oskar Olming (Head of Sustainability Strategy, Policy and Governance, SEB) and Cecile Niang (Lead Economist, World Bank Group)
To register please visit: https://reutersevents.com/events/reporting/register.php